Tips for a Stress Free Holiday November 20 2015
The holidays are meant to be relaxing and enjoyable. In a medical environment, though, the holidays can also be much more taxing. There are a few simple ways you can bring in a bit of holiday stress relief and help to improve the mood of everyone in the office. Instead of tossing your surgical hats in frustration, try these tips.
- Get surgical scrub caps. This is a fantastic step to take to add a bit of fun to the medical environment, especially when there are children involved.
- Plan a few holiday meals or treats. Have everyone bring in a dish that is their family tradition during the holidays. It could be sweet or savory. This is another no-cost, simple way for you to have a bit of fun.
- Exchange gifts. Keep the costs low. This makes it pretty challenging and can help you to have a lot of fun with prank or fun gifts.
- If you are the business owner or manager, consider giving something back to your staff. It could be a personalized lab coat, new scrub caps for men or women with a thank you note attached. They will appreciate the small sentiment and it helps to take some of the stress out of work.
- Trim up people's schedules. Giving them an extra hour off in the afternoon a few times during the season allows them get out, to get what they need done. That can bring a smile to their face and help to reduce some of the stress the holidays tend to bring with them.
The goal isn't to stress over what to do for the holidays either. Instead, focus on providing your staff with an appreciated thank you or giving them some type of break. When it comes down to it, it is the simple things that make a big difference during this season. You don't have to spend a lot to create a meaningful impact on the lives and thoughts of your staff and team. Look for a way to give back to them during this time of the year.